Monday, May 23, 2011

gimme s'MORE puhleese

So... I asked the kids what type of treat to bake over the weekend and the winner is... s'mores cupcakes!!! I guess they figured to get a head start on their favorite summer treat.  Here's how they turned out!




I had gotten this recipe somewhere online a few years ago.. it might have been through www.bigoven.com and I just tweaked it a bit to make it my own.  I've seen variations similar to mines..  I used a graham cracker crust and saved some to sprinkle on top.  I added sour cream to my chocolate cake to make it extra moist. Some recipes call for milk but I don't like using it.  Not much flavor comes out with plain diary lol.

We are going camping at the end of June.  Whohoo! I'm going to make a treat for the kiddos.  They love to roast marshmallows and slap it on a graham cracker with some chocolate but I think I'm gonna surprise them with a new treat to have while we're out in the wilderness.  I'll share that idea once it's ready.  Well, I suppose I'll post a few more pics of the cupcakes.  A little goodbye treat for your eyes :)




 Before entering the oven...
Yumminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment